5 June 2010

Bookshelves are cool!

I was sitting around once and flicking through a House and Garden magazine, not something that I am often wont to do as I know that I will never be able to afford anything in them, but I fell in love. I saw something I had never considered before, a bookshelf which was not only a place for books but also a piece of art in and of itself.



This was years ago now, but I have never forgotten. It occurred to me that what with the wonders of the internet that I could maybe find more interesting bookshelves.. Here are the results...






Comic Shelves by Oscar Nunez
Found at












Quad bookshelf by Nauris Kalinauskas


Nar coffee table bookshelf
“nar” means “pomegranate” in turkish. Pomegranate is a fruit that holds hundreds of juicy seeds inside










Daniele Lago Book Tree

Ceiling book shelves



Bookworm bookshelf by Ron Arad
Flexible can be bent and shaped into any shape
Found via


Lovely Rita bookshelf by Ron Arad
Found via





Elipse bookshelf
Found via




Wine crate display boxes




This is the epic library in Minsk:

If getting new shelves isn't on the cards perhaps you could just sort them by colour:


Or get or make some inserts:


Or find some interesting shelving for other household items:

2 comments:

  1. What a collection of bookshelves! Really enjoyed your collection. The Ron (with an N;) Arad was one I always wanted whenever I visited Kartell. Although I wanted everything whenever I visited really. Viva la plástico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete