27 August 2010

Best carrot cake recipe!

At my old job the kitchen used to make the absolute best carrot cake ever, it was amazing! The cake was so moist and the icing, perfect!

I managed to get my sticky little hands on a copy of the recipe (thanks Carmen!) and so I thought I would share it. I'm just the giving sort.

Carrot Cake
8 oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
8 oz caster sugar
6 fl oz vegetable oil
8 oz grated carrots
8 oz tinned crushed pineapple

Sift together the dry ingredients. Beat together the eggs and add sugar and oil and beat well. Add carrots and pineapple. Line the base of a 9 inch spring clip cake tin, and bake well at 180*C for 40 mins. Test and leave the cake to settle for 15 mins at least before removing from tin.

Frosting
Beat together:
4 oz butter
4 oz cream cheese (Philadelphia)
4 oz icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Keep in the fridge, does not keep well after a week, too soggy (not that it should ever last that long anyway!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment