20 March 2011

Spring!

So, I haven't posted much in a while.. there are two reasons for this (well three* if I am honest). The first is that is has been winter so I haven't been out taking many photographs, the second and more fundamental one is that I am pregnant (due 22 August, excitement!) and have have been suffering from fairly horrid morning sickness and some quite spectacular fatigue (staying in bed all day on the weekend was so exhausting that I'd have to have an afternoon nap to recover!). I am now emerging into the second trimester and am feeling a bit more like a person again - just a very hungry person. So here I am :)


Yesterday was the first really beautiful, warm day of the spring and I went for a walk around the village we are living in and took a few pics which I will now inflict on you :)



The first flowers have been slowly coming out over the last few weeks here in Oxfordshire and watching first the snowdrops and then the daffodils come out has really cheered me up (winter and I don't get on very well). Here are some daffs with the first bluebells I have seen:


This was a really English wall with ivy and the daffodils and showing the top of the wall would have been really nice, but there was a house behind the wall which rather spoiled it so I just cut it out!


I liked this photo for the contrast of the dead brown leaves of the hedge, the bare branches of the tree and the lush green and yellow of the daffodils below with the beautiful blue of the sky in the background. Yum.





The horizon in this one is a bit crooked as I was lying down in some gravel to try and get it all in, and it didn't even turn out that well, but maybe you get the idea:



Another view of the same little patch of water this time with the mini-house which was floating in it in view. Not quite sure what the little house was for, but it looked cute..


I just quite liked this door knocker:


How terribly English, in that very chocolate box-y kind of way:

Anyway, thanks for your patience and I'll try and be a better blogger in future.

* The third reason is that I am just generally a big slacker....

No comments:

Post a Comment